One of the latest and most innovative creations of Braun is the Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator. In the present age, Braun is one of the leading manufacturers of epilators. In this article, we will talk about various aspects of the Braun SE5280, its specifications, pros and cons. Is it worth your money? Read till the end to find out.
Avail 20% discount over the online stores now-
Other exclusive Epilators-
- Braun 7181 series 7 SE epilator review
- Braun Epilator 7681 Sile-Epil 7 xpressive pro review
- Panasonic Es ED90 P ladies wet and dry epilator review
- Philips HP6576 Satin Perfect Deluxe epilator review
The Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator is one of the latest releases from the top epilator company, Braun. Basically, it is a quite a big product, measuring 7 inches in length. Taking this size into consideration, the Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator weighs only a pound. Due to the extra length and light weight, it is very easy to use and maneuver around the body.
Features of the Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator
Number of Tweezers
The head contains 40 tweezers designed to remove the hair from the roots 4 times faster than normal grooming techniques. Since the tweezers remove the hair directly from the root, it takes more than a month for the hair to grow back. This ensures that the epilation does not have to be done frequently.
Special Ice Glove
The process of epilation includes some amount of pain. Sometimes, with some different epilators, it is quite painful and one needs to apply cream to make it smoother. In case of the Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator, the epilation process involves much less pain. Still, the company provides with a Special Ice Glove with the product. This ice glove helps to bring relief to the user, whatever little pain they might have. It is advised to use the ice glove before epilation for stimulating the skin, and after the epilation to relief the user of the pain caused by the epilation.
Soft Lift Ends
This is one special feature available in the Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator. Some people have hair that lays flat. For some other epilators, these hairs create a nuisance and refuse to get into the tweezers to be plucked off. In addition, there are certain special attachments to the head which literally pushes the hair up and into the tweezers to be plucked.
- Smart Light: This particular technology is basically a precisely placed LED bulb on the epilator that makes it easier for the user to see the places that have to be shaved easily and precisely. This in turn helps the user to do off with the tiniest hair that might have been difficult to see in the absence of the Smart Light Technology.
- Variable Speed: Unlike some other epilators, the speed of epilation can be controlled according to the requirement of the user. The three variations of speed available are:
- Soft: This speed ensures slower, smoother and precise epilation and removal of hair.
- Fast: This process is much faster than the previous, but it does not mean that it is in any way clumsy. It yields the same result as the soft speed, but at much faster rate.
How the Braun SE5280 Epilator is different from other Epilators
One of the most notable features of the Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator is its special head which works under the Dual Massage Technology. The head is designed in such a way that before pulling off the hair, the head massages the skin to prepare it for the removal.
This results in less pain. It also keeps the massage process running even after removal, resulting in soothing the skin after removal. Most epilators have a single massage system, either before or after epilation, but the Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator offers both.
One more plus point of the Braun SE5280 above all other epilators is the inclusion of the Ice Gloves in the package. These gloves also soothe the skin before and after epilation. All in all, the product has been designed in such a way that it provides the maximum level of comfort possible to the user.
Pricing and User Reviews
The Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator is an awesome epilator. If you are a newbie, it would hurt you for 3-4 sessions. Once you get used to it, it will astonish you with its features and charm. Definitely recommended to all. – Cathy
By the time of writing this review, the Braun 5280 epilator has 974 verified purchases with an average rating of 3.9 stars. There are many people who understand that pain is a part of rooting off your hairs have given it a whopping 5 stars. On the other hand, there are few newbies who couldn’t tolerate the pain have questioned over the efficiency of this product.
The Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator is priced fairly for USD 56 on Amazon central market (the cheapest). Though this product is available offline in the retail stores too, but that will cost you an additional cost of 5-20 USD.
- The Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator is one of the lightest epilators of its size present in the market. This makes it easier to use with more reach than the others.
- It boasts of 40 tweezers that get you the smoothest epilation process.
- The inclusion of the Smart Light Technology makes it a more precise instrument.
- The Dual Massage Technology makes the use of the Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator much more tolerable and comfortable than the other epilators.
- The ice glove is one of the most innovative and useful additions to the package.
- The specially designed head succeed in removing the smallest hair on the skin. It even can remove the hair that lay flat on the skin very efficiently.
- Rare complaints of pain while rooting off the hairs.
- Hair comes back faster
- Slightly expensive
The Braun Silk-épil 5 Power 5280 Women’s Epilator comprises of few awesome features that weighs a lot over its drawbacks. This being an older model feels little outdated. Although it is fast, has variable speed and gets you the precise shave- hair uprooting is still a painful process. If you want to get your hands on it- keep yourself prepared for some quanta of pain and hassles during the procedure.
If you know how to tackle with a little pain- this could be the best epilator for you. It works flawless and is very simple to use. If you are looking for other options to explore, try your hands on the Braun Epilator 7681 Silk-Epil 7 Xpressive Pro.