The Old Spice Beard and Head Trimmer is a product manufactured by the famous company, Braun. Braun as a brand was introduced in the year 1935; since then it has been manufacturing high quality products; including male and female grooming devices, oral care, beauty products, clocks, watches, irons, and so many others. Braun shavers and trimmers are particularly famous among consumers for their design and quality. Well, with the launch of the Old Spice Beard Trimmer, Braun have targeted an entire new buyers segment. Is it that good? Find that out in this exclusive review. Hey there, this is Arnav and you are going through ShopTrimmers blog. Let’s get started.
I have owned this trimmer now for two years and use it twice a month. It is excellent for hair and beard trimming. It is cheap, comes under 30 bucks and I would definitely recommend you to buy it for personal usage. – Joey
Old Spice Beard Trimmer Features
The Old Spice beard Trimmer can be used for both professional and home grooming. The product has adjustable combs with as many as 12 settings to ensure quality and a customized trimming experience. It has a powerful dual battery system which provides 40 minutes run time per charge. It is easy to clean and maintain as its fully washable. So you do not have to keep it away from water. It is recommended that you do not share the device with anyone for hygiene concerns. Use it slow and controlled for best results. It has a beard comb with 6 click and lock settings (0.04 to 0.43 inches) so as to avoid any accidental change in settings while trimming. Although it is a rechargeable device, it can also be used with power cords, having 40 minutes run time per charge.
Multiple length settings
The Old Spice beard trimmer features 12 settings in total and gives you completely custom cuts. For the beard comb from 1mm to 11mm, you get 6 settings and you can make way through the levels to see what suits you. Overall the settings of the trimmer are quite easy to understand. The product is made up of hard and durable plastic. It has a dimension of 2.2 x 6.1 x 8.7 inches with a shipping weight of 12.8 ounces.
Super Comfortable Trimming
The Old Spice beard Trimmer and head clipper has a narrow head with sharp stainless steel blades and can be used to shave, trim beard and cut hair. One of its best features is that it can be used in a shower; it is also easy to clean. Doesn’t matter if your hair is wet or dry, you can use it anyway. If you buy this product, you stand to enjoy 60 days money back guarantee as well as a limited warranty of 2 years. Braun solidly stands behind its product and guarantees your satisfaction or you call 1-800-211-6661 for support.
Accessories with the box
- Beard trimmer
- Beard comb (1-11mm)
- Hair comb (10-20mm)
- Charging cord
- Cleaning brush
- Oil – 3.17mL (0.125 fl oz)
- Backed by 60 days money back guarantee and 2 year limited warranty
- 40 minutes run time per charge
- Waterproof technology
- Sharp stainless steel blades
- LED light indicator that tells charging status (it shows a green light when charging)
- Aesthetic design
- Instruction Manual
What Customers Say
Most of the customers like the Old Spice Beard Trimmer and Head clipper for its versatility and affordability. Moreover, It is easy to handle and maintain. In addition, it works well for trimming both the hair and beard. It has a LED light that indicates charging. Overall, people call it a combination of quality and price. Many customers mention the fact that it cuts very smooth and never pulls at any point. One of its biggest points is that the length of the clipper guard is easily adjustable, which makes it much easier and simpler compared to other hair clippers which require swapping out guards for different lengths. Do-it-yourself addicts call the Old Spice Trimmer one of the best all purpose clippers.
This product enjoys an average rating of 4.4 stars out of a possible 5. Out of 74 customer reviews, 43 satisfied customers rate it a 5 star product while 21 satisfied customers gave it a 4-star review where as 1 dissatisfied customer gave it a 1-star review. All in all, this product enjoys more positive reviews than negatives.
- It is easy to use having an ergonomic design; it fits the hand nicely
- The Old Spice Beard and Head Trimmer provides different length settings for customized cuts and trims
- It provides you with various features (beard trimmer, hair clipper and shaver) for a reasonable price
- Also, it has a complete water proof technology and is easily washable
- You can easily adjust the guards by pressing the small white button on the back. Just push in and it slides up and down. There are numbers on the side of the guard to help indicate which size of cut you want
- You can use this trimmer without guards for a really short cut
- Holds its charge very well; has a long battery life on a very quick charge
- Gentle on all skin types, even the personal and sensitive areas
- Compared to other clippers in the market, few consumers complained that its motor runs a little slower than expected and takes a lot of time to complete hair cuts
- Few complaints also indicate it doesn’t work expectedly well on facial hair as it does not offer very precise trims. Same is the case with maintaining short beards as it does not give close cuts
- It only cuts one way
- It lacks a charging base; even though the charger is good, it makes annoying high pitch noise while charging
- Gets clogged if not cleaned after every cut; maintenance is key to enjoying this product
Your Turn to Decide – Verdict
All in all, Old Spice Beard Trimmer & Head clipper is a solid trimmer with excellent features for a good price. It is a good device for shaving, trimming and body grooming. Its sharp stainless steel blades and slender head make it effortless to trim in tight places. The adjustable comb attachment is way more convenient than units with multiple separate combs and is also easily removed and reinstalled. It works great, like most Braun products, and I highly recommend it if you want a trimmer that gives you several options. In the last, here’s take a look at what one of the extremely content consumer of this clipper has found:
I really like the Old Spice Beard Trimmer and head clipper. It is better than any Philips Norelco product. I had used it for a couple of years and am pretty content with this product. – James