Let me just start this review by mentioning an important point you ought to know. The Oster Classic 76 is the best hair clipper on the market. It’s certainly the best hair clipper I’ve ever used and nothing I’ve tried since has matched up to it. These are first-rate professional hair clippers and they are incredibly popular with barbers and with hair stylists all over the world.
Oster Classic 76 Hair Clipper
I’ve been giving myself haircuts for years and the very first hair clipper I’ve used was the Oster Classic 76. Before the quieter kids hair clippers were developed, I was using the Oster 76 to trim my sons’ hair during the weekends. It’s a marvelous hair clipper and one that’s incredibly well designed. You can just feel its solidness and reliability by holding it in your heads.
So far my experiences with the Oster Classic 76 trimmers have been nothing short of amazing, but let’s look at the details:
Solid Piece of Technology
The Oster classic 76 looks beautiful and sturdy. It is crafted in a metal body with a mighty single speed universal motor that works without any flaws. It feels solid in hand and possesses a superior look. The ultimate craftsmanship reflects clearly in its ultra-durable and break-resistant design. If you are looking for a groomer that is the mix of durability and power, the Oster Classic 76 is the perfect match for you.
Best Trusted Hair Clipper
When it comes to grooming, Oster is the most reliable brand across USA. It’s vivacious design, seamless power and powerful performance seemed to have impressed the customers quite well. Despite of its high price, the buyers have shown their interests towards this professional hair clipper. It comes with the blade guard, lubricating oil, clipper grease and the additional cleaning brush. These accessories are meant for maintaining and cleaning the groomer. Therefore, it is one of the best hair clippers you can buy for professional or home usage.
Buyers Take on the Oster Classic 76
As mentioned above, buyers are pretty content after buying this hair clipper. First of all, it comprises of an ergonomic design and sturdy look. In addition, it boasts of a high power motor that helps the clipper being a workhorse. Moreover, the Oster classic 76 has an ultra durable design and comes with a 9 foot long power cord for easy operation. If you are looking for your clipper to work effortlessly, don’t think twice before buying this one.
The Amazon buyer community has gone crazy over this hair clipper. By the time of writing this review, the Oster classic 76 has over 1300 verified purchases with a whopping 4.5 star reviews. One of the verified consumer has claimed it to be “an extraordinary hair clipper that delivers an excellent cut time again” while the other recommends to “Oil them up before the first use so as to get rid of the heat issues”.
Talking about the downsides, price may be a concern to most users out there. However, understand this fact that you are getting something that will last you very long and hence, spending few extra bucks is never a bad idea. On the other hand, if maintaining it is an issue to you, rest assure as oiling the blades take hardly a minute and it only makes your blades shiny and sharp.
- Heavy duty — When you pick these up, it’s immediately clear that they are a high quality tool built to last. No cheap plastic here, just nice, beefy metal.
- Powerful – These things really plow through thick hair. The motor never shows any sign of strain or seizing up like the cheap clippers do. This is really important if you want a nice clean, even cut.
- High quality blades — You can use plastic or metal blades. The metal ones are a little more expensive but they give you a more polished cut. You can use blades purchased from your local beauty shop or online. The base model comes with two blades which are enough to get you started.
- Great cord – The Classic 76 comes with a nice long, substantial cord. It doesn’t get all tangled up and twisted which always drove me nuts with my old cheapo plastic trimmers.
- Completely serviceable — These things were built to last, but if something does break you don’t have to throw them away. You can easily replace the main power switch, the power cord, the clipper lever or any of the brush sets yourself. With the cheap plastic trimmers when they break, that’s it; into the trash can they go.
- Made in the USA — The Classic 76 is made right here in America, not some sweatshop in China. I always buy products made in America whenever I can.
- Very loud — This doesn’t bother me at all, but my wife isn’t too keen on the noise this thing makes. She says it sounds like I’m cutting my hair with a band saw.
- Runs hot — If you run this thing too long it will get hot since it has a metal body. It’s usually not an issue though if you’re just doing one haircut.
Here’s an interesting video showing the Oster 76 Classic in action.
If you’re looking for a pair of clippers that are going to last, it’s hard to go wrong with the Classic 76. I’ve tried every brand out there and none of them hold a candle to these. They are heavy duty, gives you professional quality results, and come with a ton of blade options. Put it this way, if I was a professional barber, I’d want these in my shop! Although, they are equally useful as the hair groomers to be used at home. As a result, I would definitely recommend you buying this clipper.
I was pretty unsure about buying the Oster Classic 76 hair clipper. I made my decision to upgrade my cheap Conair trimmer after wasting a lot of money on the replacement metal guards. Finally decided to pick the Classic 76. After few months of grooming, I gotta say it cuts like a pro. It was a real deal. – Brian