Acne can be a horrible condition. Embarrassment, social phobia and even mild depression have all been linked to outbreaks of acne, and the scaring that it can cause. Embarrassment is of course particularly high for people in their teens, but as out breaks occur well past the teens and into adulthood, older people are likely to be embarrassed by this condition as well. Nothing worse than having an outbreak on your wedding day!
If you are looking for answers on how to get rid of spots that acne causes, then this article is for you. Below we provide different safe and natural techniques that will have you getting rid of spots in no time.
Tips to Avoid Pimples and Acne
Firstly, avoidance is better than cure. Ask any Doctor and they will tell you the same. If you can avoid a condition then you will be far better off than trying to treat it. The tips below help with avoiding pimples and acne spots:
- Don’t pick, scratch or squeeze your pimples: When you do this you are aggravating the area and damaging your skin. Rather than using your hands to try and get rid of the pimple, leave it alone. It will go away on its own and with a minimal scar.
- Don’t touch your face: Oil on your hands/Oily skin is a common way to get pimples and pimple out breaks. So try and avoid excessive touching of your face. This will result in you having less pimples to deal with – good news for the pimple sufferer.
- Wash you face twice a day: Clean skin is healthy skin. If you wash your face – or other part of your body that is prone to pimples – twice a day, then you will have much less chance of getting an outbreak. Common sense really.
- Eat well: While food itself does not cause acne, a hormonal imbalance can. Eat healthily and you will decrease your chance of a hormonal imbalance.
- Exercise regularly: A healthy body is less likely to get pimples to exercise regularly. Make sure that you shower afterwards though – otherwise you will defeat the purpose of the exercise.
- Reduce your stress levels: Acne has also been linked to stress levels. So try and reduce your stress levels and relax. Consider yoga or other relaxing techniques to help keep you calm and in control.
Natural Options to Treat Acne Spots
Now that you know how to reduce pimples and acne you could look at ways to solve the problem, and minimize scars when you do get an outbreak. Unfortunately, you can do everything in your power to stop pimples occurring but sometimes they do just happen. When they occur, here’s what to do!
- Lemon Juice: We did say earlier that we will provide you with some natural skin care options. Lemon juice is great for reducing scaring from pimples and acne. So when you have your next pimple, go out and get some lemons and apply the juice to the affected area. The best method is to put the lemon juice in a bowl, then place the juice on your face with a tissue, and let the juice dry on your face. The lemon juice helps to treat the dead tissue which causes the scars from pimples.
- Olive oil: While the concept of putting oil on your face to reduce pimple scars may seem counterproductive, olive oil works. Olive oil is natural and serves to sooth and relax your skin. Apply a small amount of the oil several times a day, and then leave it on for around an hour. After this time wash your face with a glycerine face wash to make sure that your skin is completely clean.
- Aloe Vera: Long time users of Aloe Vera will know the benefits that the gel from this plant has on burns. Well guess what, it also helps to get rid of spots caused by acne. As with olive oil, apply to the affected area and leave to dry. After this time wash your face with a glycerine face wash. For best results try and use fresh Aloe Vera. You can purchase an Aloe Vera plant quite cheaply and cut of bits as you need it.
- Sunshine: While in our current society most people avoid sunshine like the plague, the sun does have a lot of benefits, including vitamin D. While we are not recommending that you spend hours in the sun, even 10 minutes exposure can help to heal scars from acne. So be sun smart, but still get a small dose of sunlight every day that you can.
- Tea tree oil: More recently tea tree oil has been used to minimize scaring of wounds, including acne. Use a cotton bud, and place the tea tree oil on the affected area. Leave it to dry, and then was your face thoroughly around an hour later. Tea tree oil is a very natural and soothing oil and has a lot of healing properties.
Prevention from Acne and Pimples
In addition to the above natural ways to avoid pimples, and to treat pimples when you have them, you can also use products such as Clearasil. While these products work, the can be harsh on your skin. Worth think about though if you have particularly hard to get rid of pimples that you think may leave a scar.
It is evident that there are a lot of products you can use to get rid of acne spots. As with most things, avoidance is definitely better than cure. So firstly, make sure you don’t scratch or squeeze your pimples, or touch your face too much. However, you can still do all the right things and get pimples. When pimples do happen, follow the natural treatments above.
These will help you get rid of your pimples and acne quickly, and ensure that you end up with no or minimal scaring. Finally, if all else fails consider some of the commercial acne products on the market. While they can be harsh on your skin, they do solve acne quickly and effectively, and minimise your chance of scarring.